Lip pigmentation is the darkening of lips or discoloration. It occurs due to number of factors and is commonly seen in people who smoke or chew tobacco regularly. Prolonged exposure to sun is another factor which can make lips dark.
It is very important to take care of lips regularly as they are an integral part of face and need utmost care. We have the habit of licking or biting our lips which should be avoided at all cost. Licking lips frequently not only make them dry but also spoils their texture which is not good in the long run.
Staying hydrated is a very important factor when it comes to lips. It not only keeps them moisturized but also healthy inside out.
Following factors should be kept in mind while taking care of lips pigmentation:
- Avoid sitting in sun for long period of time. Always carry umbrella or scarf while stepping out in skin. A good sunscreen is also very important for face.
- Exfoliate lips regularly once a week. You can take raw brown sugar and olive oil/ coconut oil. Apply on lips. Scrub gently. Leave for 5-7 mins and wash with cold water.
- Always carry a good lip balm that not only keeps lips moisturised but also prevent them from harsh cold winds.
- A pack of dry hibiscus flowers powder, rose powder with rose water is great for lip pigmentation. Just mix all the three together and apply on lips. Leave for 10-15 mins or till dry.
- Every morning after bath apply mustard oil in naval. It not only heals dry chapped lips but also keeps them soft.
- Before sleeping apply glycerin on your lips. It makes them soft and pink.
And as always STAY HYDRATED AND HAPPY!