In our last blog, we discussed about the causes and home remedies to get rid of lip pigmentation. Today we will discuss about another issue DANDRUFF that most of people have come across in their lifetime and it is really annoying for them.
DANDRUFF is the condition of scalp which causes white flakes of skin or dryness to appear. It is often accompanied by itchiness and dryness of scalp.
While exact cause is not known, it happens due to poor lifestyle and eating junk/processed food. Apart from that, poor hygiene and dehydration are the culprit. Initially dandruff can be cured with proper home remedies and good consistent lifestyle. It is very important to follow a fixed wake up time and bedtime routine apart from good habits. But problem arises when the condition becomes chronic and white flakes tend to increase on forehead and ear side leading to seborrheic dermatitis. Seek homeopathy or dermatologist guidance if necessary.
Now let us discuss various ways to control dandruff by following home remedies:
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of Lemon juice and Glycerin. Apply on scalp with the help of cotton bud. Leave for 30 mins. Rinse with water and use mild shampoo if required. Follow this procedure every 15 days i.e twice a month till dandruff is cured.
- Mix equal proportions of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and Neem Oil with pinch of Camphor. You can also add 2-3 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil.Apply on scalp and hair. Leave overnight. Wash with mild shampoo next day. Since Neem oil has pungent smell this mixture can be unpleasant for some. But it is really effective to control dandruff.
- Use medicated dandruff shampoo. Discontinue once dandruff is gone.
- Drink lots of water. Your skin and hair will be grateful for it. Water not only keeps you hydrated but also flushes out toxins. But take care not to overdo it.
- Follow good eating habits and avoid refined processed food. Home cooked fresh food is best.
- Keep your bowel movement clean. Constipation not only affects skin and hair but also your mood. Over a period of time it can cause stress.
- Keep your hairbrush and bath towel separate and don’t share with others.
Remember it is very important to eliminate the problem at ground level apart from external application.
STAY HYDRATED AND HAPPY AS ALWAYS !